We wanted to share some of our recipes for those that would like to create their own products. We will start with one of our best sellers. Shower Steamers. This recipe can also be used to create bath bombs as both those and shower steamers are interchangeable.
What you'll need to use
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup kaolin clay (any clay will do. I find this makes the steamers harder)
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil ( this is our secret ingredient to holding them together and creating a very hard steamer)
- a few sprays water or isopropyl
- 1/2 tsp mica or other natural colouring powder
- 1/2 tsp essential oils (we use EOs, but you can use fragrances too)
- molds - silicone, metal, plastic, any will do (we prefer silicone for our steamers and metal for our bath bombs)
- rubber gloves to protect your hands
What you'll need to do
Mix your dry ingredients together including colour. Add your EOs or fragrance. Slowly spray your water or isopropyl into your base and mix. Do not spray too quickly or your base will start fizzing which means it's activated. If this happens, try and mix it together quickly to diffuse the activation. Once your base gets to the proper consistency (think kinetic sand), add your coconut oil. Then press into your molds and let them set for at least 2 hours (longer if you're using a bigger mold).
Good luck! Steamers and bombs can be finicky and things like humidity can affect them.